10/7/09
Deceptive Play
By Glenda Grande

This game of deception we play
As we lay the cards on the table
Played in silence; deception an ally
The darkness in our hearts dominates.

A King of Spades, a Diamond Ace:
The tricks held reflect complexities of life.
A Queen of Hearts, Jack of Clubs:
What we truly feel disguised by our hands.

We continue to spiral in this downfall,
Unable to place our cards face down;
A forfeit which we cannot accept.
We play on in the game of destruction,
Unable to think, feel and step back;
Why must we play until the end?

This game of lies and seduction
I want to put it to a final end.
Yet you keep dealing, regardless
Watching me in the still silence.

Let this eclipse in my heart cease.
Drop this game and let the lies go
You and I; me and you; the two of us
A deception from the start till the bitter end.

- - -
'Come with me and I'll take you on a stroll. Let me reveal the world to you in my perspective'
Lend me your heart, and allow to cast the angelic illusion.'
A collection of poetry and prose written by a young woman, telling the tales of life with artful words.
0 Responses



Help keep Weirdyear Daily Fiction alive! Visit our sponsors! :)



- - -
  • .

    TTC
    Linguistic Erosion Yesteryear Daily Fiction Smashed Cat Magazine Classics that don't suck! Art expressed communally. Farther Stars Than These Leaves of Ink Poetry
    Pyrography on reclaimed wood Resource for spiritual eclectics and independents.
  • .

    Home
    About Weirdyear
    Submission Guidelines
    Get Readers!
    HELP! :) Links
    The Forum

    PAST WEIRDNESS

    PREVIOUS AUTHORS


    Support independent writers! Take a look at our sponsors! :)