11/21/09
Starheart
By Glenda Grande


Your angelic face, so lovely in the moonlight.
I wish I could reach out and hold you close.
But you and I are like the white rose and a star,
Admiring one another from such a distance;
I have you in my sight yet we are worlds apart.

I wonder, how must I appear in your eyes.
My fragility, can you perceive that of my heart?
Grace me with your warmth; embrace me.
I feel as if I ask for too much, is it so?
To gaze at your beauty should be enough,
Yet within me yearns for more than rapport.

We are reflections of one another, alike in soul
Living in deviating worlds, mirroring each other.
I’ll reach for you if you will reach out for me,
So that perhaps our hearts can collide and unite.
Together, we could create our own reality:
A heaven that would exist within ourselves,
For as long as you are beside me, I will be complete.

You are the wish I have been asking for in prayer,
Gazing at the moonlit sky; the star in my heart.


- - -
'Come with me and I'll take you on a stroll. Let me reveal the world to you in my perspective'
Lend me your heart, and allow to cast the angelic illusion.'
A collection of poetry and prose written by a young woman, telling the tales of life with artful words.
0 Responses



Help keep Weirdyear Daily Fiction alive! Visit our sponsors! :)



- - -
  • .

    TTC
    Linguistic Erosion Yesteryear Daily Fiction Smashed Cat Magazine Classics that don't suck! Art expressed communally. Farther Stars Than These Leaves of Ink Poetry
    Pyrography on reclaimed wood Resource for spiritual eclectics and independents.
  • .

    Home
    About Weirdyear
    Submission Guidelines
    Get Readers!
    HELP! :) Links
    The Forum

    PAST WEIRDNESS

    PREVIOUS AUTHORS


    Support independent writers! Take a look at our sponsors! :)