7/6/10
The Fool
By Glenda Grande


Trapped in a cage of chains inside my mind
Tightening in each direction slowly, steadily;
A test of endurance against pain, suffering -
Don’t look down on me! I’m stronger than that.

You, the joker, who jests in my hardships in life,
I can hear your laughter resonate with an eerie air.
Come what may, the joker who slanders my efforts;
The sick pleasure you gain from heartbreak and disorder.

I pity you, who cannot face the truth and light with courage.
You misunderstand the power that can save you from hell.

Even if you trap and encase me in rose thorns,
My blood is proof of my existance. Bleed me dry
I’ll never give up; never back down from a fight.
Go ahead and mock me – you could never understand
Even if I lie to keep the peace, inside I know I’m right.

For you, cannot escape the truth. It will haunt you until you break.


- - -
Emotions written from the heart, this young woman writes a collection of literature by telling the tales of life with artful words. Her aim is to make people remember that being emotion-filled is only human. You can find more of her literary works on her website www.angellusion.com
0 Responses



Help keep Weirdyear Daily Fiction alive! Visit our sponsors! :)



- - -
  • .

    TTC
    Linguistic Erosion Yesteryear Daily Fiction Smashed Cat Magazine Classics that don't suck! Art expressed communally. Farther Stars Than These Leaves of Ink Poetry
    Pyrography on reclaimed wood Resource for spiritual eclectics and independents.
  • .

    Home
    About Weirdyear
    Submission Guidelines
    Get Readers!
    HELP! :) Links
    The Forum

    PAST WEIRDNESS

    PREVIOUS AUTHORS


    Support independent writers! Take a look at our sponsors! :)