11/8/09
Wishful Thinking
By Glenda Grande


The red thread which connects me to you;
A complex design which we cannot explain
Has us bound yet separated simultaneously.

A phenomenon which we cannot explain;
Something never thought to be possible
Gradually began to appear before you and I
Yet we cannot grasp and hold it in our hands.

The future is never written in stone.
No miracle, in cards or gems, can tell us
How this story of ours will proceed and end
But what may come is why we are waiting.

Wishes are actions in which we lack courage
The confidence and strength to face reality.
If you wish for something to be true, act
Take your destiny into your own hands.

I hear you calling – your voice resonates
It pierces the heart I have guarded for so long.
How long will your presence exist within me?
Time is slipping by, words are unspoken
With the hope that is fading with the tempo.

The ribbon which ties me to you, you to me
A reality that exist within our imaginations
Until the wishful thoughts become actions
Which we can create with our hearts and hands.


- - -
'Come with me and I'll take you on a stroll. Let me reveal the world to you in my perspective'
Lend me your heart, and allow to cast the angelic illusion.'
A collection of poetry and prose written by a young woman, telling the tales of life with artful words.
0 Responses



Help keep Weirdyear Daily Fiction alive! Visit our sponsors! :)



- - -
  • .

    TTC
    Linguistic Erosion Yesteryear Daily Fiction Smashed Cat Magazine Classics that don't suck! Art expressed communally. Farther Stars Than These Leaves of Ink Poetry
    Pyrography on reclaimed wood Resource for spiritual eclectics and independents.
  • .

    Home
    About Weirdyear
    Submission Guidelines
    Get Readers!
    HELP! :) Links
    The Forum

    PAST WEIRDNESS

    PREVIOUS AUTHORS


    Support independent writers! Take a look at our sponsors! :)